An Appreciation of the Law Applicable to Contract Administration and the Construction of Works
Thursday 27th February 2020 to Friday 28th February 2020
Le Elementos Hotel – Lukasu Road Rhodes Park
Participants will develop a clear understanding and application of the public procurement law as it applies to construction administration and construction of works and assimilate the obligations and liabilities placed on the consultants, contractors and procurement entity staff.
The training will cover:
· Overview of the Zambian procurement law
· Salient procurement provisions
· Public procurement and construction law under the Zambian legal system
· Contract Management
· Conditions precedent under the procurement law and entitlements or reliefs arising under contract
· Legal and Professional liabilities affecting consultants, contractors and procurement entity staff. Contract deviations and amendments
· Alternative dispute resolution provisions under the procurement law and contract
· Conflicts between the procurement law, common law and contract
· Offences and penalties under the procurement and other related laws affecting consultants, contractors and procurement entity staff.